Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have bone on bone arthritis and a severe tear in my

shoulder I'm suppose to have...
I have bone on bone arthritis and a severe tear in my shoulder I'm suppose to have surgery in a few weeks to replace the whole shoulder I'm female and 65 I'm hearing about stem cell and they SAY it will 'GROW YOU A NEW SHOULDER' is this true???????
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Spine surgeon

Welcome to justanswer.I amCustomerand your complete satisfaction is my goal.I am reviewing your question and I would respond shortly.

Thanks for your question.
To say that stem cell therapy would grow you a new shoulder is an exaggeration.
Stem cell therapy is still in experimental stage and it has not yet shown the promise expected of it.
If you have bone-on-bone arthritis, stem cell therapy is unlikely to help you in any way.
You should consider going on with the surgery as planned.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Spine surgeon
Why then do they say in there presentations that it does isn’t that grounds for taking them to court and sueing them? And why isn’t a orthopedic dr answering my question ?????
I am an orthopaedic surgeon.
When they say " IT WILL GROW YOU a NEW SHOULDER" they are incorrect and they can be taken to court for exaggerated claims about success of therapy. But somebody has to do that.