Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My sister had a frontal lobe stroke at the beginning of

Customer Question
My sister had a...

My sister had a frontal lobe stroke at the beginning of Febru

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

She was in Hartford Hospital approximately a month,hallucdnating, sundlwning, and the anti-psychotic meds made her psychotic. They sedated et constantly and tied her to the bed. Then she was moved to the Alzheimer's unit at the Hebres Home in West Hartford and placed in the Alzheimer's unit where she is again being sedated. Her primary care doctor gas retired and she has no neurologist of record. Her niece lives in MA and wants to move her to Spaulding rehab which has a great reputation for working with patients with this situation. We know she needs a referral for the Hebrew Home to Spaulding but should she be seen by a neurologist to be recommended and evaluated? What is the best way to approach this?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She had a frontal lobe stroke in 2013 and recovered in about 4 months.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Neurology
3/22/2018
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

can you list all her meds?

I know she was on sequenol (sp) which made her psychotic. They finally changed her meds but are still sedating her and she is hallucinating and not very lucid. Not sure about other meds.

can you try to find out?

We are in ct and want to move her into Spaulding rehab ( connected with mass general). The social worker from the Hebrew Homewhere she is now inthe Alzheimer's unit needs to refer her.
What is the best way for her to be accepted. She has no gp as he retired and no neurologist as they only take patients on outpatient and she would be inpatient. What should we do. We're desperate as she has not been treated since she had the stroke on 2/6/2018.
Are you familiar with Spaulding?
Are you there

I'm here

Sorry I can't help with this

I will opt out for another expert