Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have torticollis of the neck and have had it for three…

Customer Question
I have torticollis of...

I have torticollis of the neck and have had it for three years. I have tried everything and everyone to help it. I last went for a botox injection and now I cannot eat well or talk well. It has been six months. Will this go away by itself?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

I have had it for three years now. No, there is numbness or timgling.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had a stroke at one time without every experiencing any symptoms. I have been x-rayed and scanned all over without any clues to my diagnosis.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
3/22/2018
Neurologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I think the torticollis which did not respond to botox needs surgical repair. If you can not eat or talk well you need to followup with your doctor as it might need physiotherapy or surgical intervention and as six months have already passed so it is not likely to get better on its own.

sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!