Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Two weeks ago I started having tremors it first appeared in…

Two weeks ago I started...
Two weeks ago I started having tremors it first appeared in the left side of my face . Now my left side of my face has dropped. Now the tremors are in my legs and upper torso. I also have a positive gangloisde gm1 positive and gd1b also positive . Neurologist put me on trihexyphenidyl 3 pills every 4 hours. He reviewed my mri and Ct scan and he said it’s abnormal and he feels the white lesions are coming from calcium
Here’s another image
3/22/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms?

bad anxiety symptoms often can cause benign fasciculation twitching of small muscles in the face and body.

Honestly no , we are supposed to go on a cruise and I’ve been excited about . Obviously when your in a spasm it is uncomfortable .
The med is helping me for about 4-5 hours and then it comes back.
My neurologist here has only seen this once in his career . He mentioned once the spasms go away we will address possibly ivig .
Is it normal finding to find calcium lesions.he just told me it’s abnormal and is concerned but baby steps and trying to get the spasms to completely stop

Trihexyphenidyl, also known as benzhexol, Artane, and trihex, is an antiparkinsonian agent

and so if it is helping, your tremors could be early parkinsons

as we all get older, it is more and more common to see calcium deposits in blood vessels in the body and in the brain.

the bright spots on your brain MRI scan is IV contrast going through your veins on the MRI scan

Okay yes I know I have a lot of images on the cd but I don’t know what I’m looking . This is just what the neurologist here said

I would get a copy of your brain MRI scan report.

I would be happy to review it with you

ask your neurologist if you may have the early signs of parkinsons

your feet are very red and inflamed as well.

you look young.

it is rare for young patients to get early signs of parkinsons but it can happen

Okay how can I send my mri scans ? I’m only 38 my grandma has Parkinson’s also and her mother

you can photograph the report and upload the jpg or pdf file where it says "add file" link

if you want me to review all of the dicom images, you have to upload the whole disk or dicom image files to a large file sharing site like www.dropbox.com or google files and post the http link to those files here.

Okay I’ll work on that now

sure.

I’m so sorry took me forever to try and send you the link to my images . http://Www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots

that is not the link to your images.

I’m having a hard time figuring how to send them

you may have to contact dropbox customer service for more help.

Okay I will try that

ok.

or get a copy of the MRI scan report.

Here is the copy of the mri . My new neurologist thinks it’s calcium in my brain. So he wasn’t impressed with the mri /catscan report
Or this one

the T2 hyperintense white matter lesions are from most likely small broken blood vessels in the brain.

I have vasculitis . I’m not sure why my disc is white
This is part of the ct scan

vasculitis can cause some broken blood vessels in the brain

that is not a disk which is white on that scout film

I’m overwhelmed .

you need to stop looking at these images.

they are just worsening your anxiety

you don't have training looking at them.

Okay thanks

please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Okay done . Thanks I was just so confused because one neurologist says one thing and I go to another one they say something different. I’m sure things will get sorted out . The Parkinson meds are helping me with the tremors . Thanks so much for your time

you are welcome

thanks for the positive feedback.

Dr. David, Board Certified MD