Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I’m a 31 year old female that developed cold symptoms 6 days…

Customer Question
I’m a 31 year old...
I’m a 31 year old female that developed cold symptoms 6 days ago.
3 days into it I felt a bit better but yesterday and today I feel worse and have developed a cough and throat itch and feel mentally not there. I can feel lots of mucous running down my throat. Mucous is yellow. No fever or diarrhoea.
Could this be something more serious than a cold as usually my colds only last 3 days and I’ve never felt worsening symptoms a week into it.
Should I go to the gp?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
3/22/2018
Neurologist: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 4 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

This is more than a simple cold

It sounds as though you have a sinus infection

Usually these are viral and run their course in a few days but in your case I think it's bacterial and that would require a course of oral antibiotics

So at this point you need to see your doctor.

Please let me know if you need any more information