Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Burning sensation under shoulder/neck area severe pain. No…

Customer Question
Burning sensation under shoulder/neck...

Burning sensation under shoulder/neck area severe pain

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

No numbness About a week when i lift my arm high it seems to go away

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

RA, Atrieal fib with pace maker

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
3/17/2018
Neurologist: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Do you have any other symptom?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

Hello again,
I was waiting for your reply.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There can be a few causes.
It can be due to nerve impingement in the spine.
It can cause severe pain & burning here.
Arthritis of spine can be a factor.
Though heart issues like angina can cause burning, pain here but as it is affected by lifting of arm, it is more likely from nerve impingement.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
Other pain medicines like gabapentin, lyrica can be helpful.
X ray or MRI scan can be taken.
You can take Tylenol now.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.