Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Help putting xray report in terms I can understand. Mild…

Help putting xray report...

Help putting xray report in terms I can understand. Mild apex leftward curvature of the thoracic spine centered at T7 approximately 7 degrees. No other malalignment is seen. Minimal discogenic degenerative changes are present throughout the thoracic spine with anterior osteophyte formation. Lumbar spine A superior endplate c ompression fracture deformity of the L2 vertibral body is noted. The degree of height loss is estimated at 35 - 40%. No associated retopulsion is seen. No other fracture or subluxation of the lumbar spine is seen. There are mild discogenic degenerative changes throughout the lumbar spine with more severe discogenic degerative changes noted at L5-S1. The is also mild/moderate facet hpertrophy of the lower 3 lumbar segments. most pronounced at L5 -S1. There is mild/moderate calcific atherosclerosis of the thoracic and abdominal aorta. Mild spondylosis and levoscoliosis of the lumbar spine.”

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Yes there is a history of heart disease. My dad had a stroke 2 years ago and has aphasia so I have caring for him and my mother over 2 years. My mother fell and got down so I was changing her and turning her. She could not move at all and she passed away January 15.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had broken heart syndrome in 2011.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

Your thoracic 7th vertebra level has slight sideway tilt.

Your mid back spine has age related changes (termed degenerative changes).

Your lower back spine (lumbar spine) too have age related changes.

The lumbar second vertebra has a compression fracture which can be due to fall/injury or due to osteoporosis.

Age related changes in the lumbar spine are more profound in last lumbar vertebra / lower portion of spine. This is called spondylosis and you have left side way tilt here too.

There is calcification of aorta which is biggest artery in the body throughout its length. Again this too is age related but poses the risk of heart disease.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any of this anything to really worry about or just normal ageing things that are going to cause some pain.

There is nothing worrisome or serious here.

But height loss due to old compression fracture may need address. You may need active treatment for osteoporosis like vitamin D and calcium supplement.

Regular physical therapy of the spine is also advocated.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

drphophalia
drphophalia
drphophalia
drphophalia, Other