Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

3 weeks ago I had a CT of the chest area and there was a…

Customer Question
3 weeks ago I...

3 weeks ago I had a CT of the chest area and there was a 10mm x 12 mm ground glass nodule noted in right upper lobe with other foci and also in the lower right. I am 59 yo female, non smoker. There was also an 11mm sclerotic density noted in L1 vertebrae. Should I have reason for concern?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

I had a bout with chest pain that morning but the cardiac workup was ok. I am feeling fatigues which I contribute to fibromyalgia I was diagnosed with sometime back. I had a dry could all fall, developed pneumonia in November but it cleared up.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have had a lot of issues with my back and have pain in neck and neck muscles into the shoulders.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Neurology
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Some typos above - the nodule was in the right lung. I had a dry cough all fall.
Answered in 2 days by:
3/19/2018
Neurologist: Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD) replied 1 month ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)

Hello -

As for the chest area -- your doctors will want to compare that area to see if there was a nodule seen there in the past.

If you haven't had a CT before, then they may want to repeat this in several months. They will repeat the CT in 6-12 months to look for any growth, and consider intervention if it does change in size.

The L1 sclerotic area is not really a concern - it just shows an area of the bone which is more dense than the surrounding bone. It really would not cause you any symptoms, and not anything that would need any special followup.

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)