Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have from time to time a twitching in my left hand. It…

Customer Question
I have from time...

I have from time to time a twitching in my left hand. It comes and goes.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Excellent

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, 68 w male here

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
3/14/2018
Neurologist: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Thank you

In which part of left hand?

Do you have any other symptom, pain?

Since when & how frequently do you have it?

No painIt acts like a muscle jumping around. It comes and goes away quickly
Not doing it today
u there?

Thank you for the input.
I understand your concern.
Muscle twitch is often benign.
Benign twitch can be due to electrolyte, calcium and vitamin deficiency.
Anxiety, stress, excess caffeine can also cause it.
Muscle fatigue can have a role.
Though neurological disorder can be a cause but it is usually associated with loss of sensation, weakness, wasting etc.
Please take plenty of fresh fruits & vegetables, fluid to correct any deficiency.
If you develop any other symptom, I would advise to get an examination by his doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.