Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Are there any dr's who can treat cognitive disorders. My 35…

Are there any dr's...

Are there any dr's who can treat cognitive disorders

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

My 35 yr old son has suffered since birth He takes Zoloft and now more and more Vaium ans Seroquil

3/13/2018
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

The type of doctor would be a neurologist.

I am not sure that is what you are asking.

Has your son not been seeing a neurologist?

we live in Sydney
too expensive to call

I did not suggest a call. That is site automation.

Can you answer my previous questions please?

He has ocd and behaviour similar to aspergers etc tc...he's seen many phychiatrists etc....i am his sole carer , I MUST find more extensive help for him. He is suffering 24/7. Please please help ..he needs to se someone and work with them . He is very hesitant about the cognitive therapy's on offer that we have had.

I am not sure what you are asking at this point.

We answer questions only.

Psychiatrists treat OCD

Psychologists do behavioral therapy, which should be done along with medication.

Is he on medication?

What is your specific question about the situation?

Zoloft and valium and on and off , seroquil ...he has seen both types of the dr's

OK

So what question can we answer for you specifically?

I believe he needs mindfulness work....

OK

What does of zoloft?

100mg ...2 daily

OK, that should be an adequate dose.

Are you asking if mindfullness meditation will help?

But also are there dr's or experts he could begin to see , here in Sydney
have you left ??
where are you ??

He is already seeing the experts.

Doctors generally are not going to teach mindfulness.

First, will he be willing to see a medication instructor or psychologist who teaches it?

he will.He ants to learn ways of allevieting the anxiety

OK

You need to talk with his psychologist and ask for a referral

He has a psychologist is that correct?

He does.
What can i do if his psychologist doesn't know who to refer him to.?

OK

That is where to start.

Ask for a referral to a psychologist who teaches mindfulness therapy.

Or, find him a meditation group that does.

Here are some resources...

Here are mindfulness course in sydney

http://mindfulnessworksaustralia.com.au/mindfulness-sydney/

http://www.sydneymindfulnesstraining.com.au/

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually on the page]. In fact, and this is most important for continued service, a 5 rating squares me with JustAnswer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Thank you very very much. You have provided more "hopefulness" . x

Anytime

Any questions.

Please click the 5 manually on the rating scale or it does not happen.

Find me any time.

Thank you .