Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter was hit by a basketball on Fri 2nd March, since…

Customer Question
Hi, my daughter was...

Hi, my daughter was hit by a basketball on Fri 2nd March, since then she has had headache, dizziness, nausea, pain back of head and neck and trouble sleeping. Could this be concussion and what can I do

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Headache daily and nausea daily too

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She's been talking in her sleep and last night got up and started to talk to me about something that didn't make sense at all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Neurologist: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 4 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

She's definitely had a concussion but it's imperative that she see a doctor as soon as possible for an exam and an MRI of her brain and neck to check for either a brain hemorrhage or a neck fracture

This is really serious and she needs to be seen right away

Please let me know if you need any more information