Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a burning headache the last week. It starts

Customer Question
usually at the back left...
I have had a burning headache the last week. It starts usually at the back left side of my head and then rotated forward. I have not been sleeping well but I am concerned it is a brain tumor. Would this headache be a sign of a brain tumor?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Neurology
3/11/2018
Neurologist: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 5 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Have you ever had a headache like this before?

Years ago.

A few more questions please--

Is it constant or does it come and go during the day?

Any vision changes?

Any balance problems?

Any nausea?

It come a and goes during the day. No vision changes, balance problems or nausea

Thanks

My take here is that this is a tension headache caused by spasm of your neck muscles

It certainly isn't acting like a leaking aneurysm

And usually a brain tumor, if it were going to cause a headache would cause a continual headache that got progressively worse with time and there'd also be vision or balance problems

All that said, any headache that is relatively new needs to be evaluated so you need to see your doctor as soon as possible--not necessarily today--for an exam and to see if a brain MRI is warranted

Please let me know if you need any more information