Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

What is atonal polyneuropathy. I have paid, but got

Customer Question
What is atonal polyneuropathy....
What is atonal polyneuropathy. I have paid, but got disconnected
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Neurology
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Axonal, not atonal
3/10/2018
Neurologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My right leg is dragging when I walk. It's like I'm walking toe to heel. It causes me to stumble, and I have fallen a few times. I was diagnosed with scoliosis and had to have my lower lumbar section rebuilt, it was lie it was crushed. The neurosurgeon that did the surgery also inserted a titanium rod in my back for the scoliosis. I have mild high blood pressure, 10 mg, and I honestly wonder if I need that much. It usually runs about 110 over 60. Would that be the reason I stay cold? Cholesterol is tarts with 10 mgs of doctor, when I have it tested, it is always a good number. Also. I know I have major depression, because my an we murdered because he was volunteering after work, 2 nights a week for a dug rehab for men. Some guy got his address and barge into my home, asked my son for 1800, when my an told hm he would not enable his drug habit, the guy went crazy and pulled out a knife and stabbed my s4on 3 times. He hit 3 main arteries, he surgeon said he lost around 80 % of his blood, therefore cutting the o2 off to his brai. He stayed in the nicu for 5 weks, then the medical team came to me telling our family that he had no equity of life. He was as God as he was going to at. So I had to sign the paper to take him off life support. It still haunts me, I am state's witness because I saw it all. Depressed, yes, probably ptsd. And still very much grieving for my son. So that is what I have
I have been living with the it 2 yrs

Very sorry to hear about your loss and the struggle with your health issues. Well axons are part of nerve cells which carry sensations from various parts of the body. In axonal polyneuropathy these axons stop working properly and so manifest as sensory symptoms like numbness , burning etc that starts in peripheries or outer arts of limbs and then ascends to involve the upper part of limbs.

There is no cure to it unfortunately and its managed supportively with nerve medications like pregabalin , gabapentin etc.

Cold peripheries could be due to inadequate circulation of blood in your limbs that can happen with narrowed hardened blood vessels especially in people with high cholesterol and blood pressure issues.

So taking a statin for lowering cholesterol alongwith antiplatelet like aspirin helps.

Cold peripheries can also occur with a slow thyroid so you may get that checked too.

Hope it helped.

Please let me know if you have any more queries

Hope it was helpful.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regards.

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor