Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

What is the proper medical term for carotid arteries that do…

Customer Question
What is the proper...

What is the proper medical term for carotid arteries that do not run down the side of the neck but have migrated inward toward the middle of the neck?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

It's been like this for a couple of years and yes I have numbness and tingling. I am under care for it. Right now I am just trying to fill out disability leave paperwork and need to make the insurance company understand the problem.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Only that over the last month the muscle cramps in my neck are worse and the numbness is spreading a bit up my face and over my shoulders,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
3/10/2018
Neurologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

They are called common carotid arteries.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.