Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

62 age non drinker head injury 11 20 17 bumped head o. Side…

62 age non drinker...

62 age non drinker head injury 11 20 17 bumped head o. Side of car confusion, no headache or other symptoms. Prgesivly better, fell parking lot fell on chest 12.28.17 no symptoms. As of 2.28.18 almost completely normal slight inner thought delay. Bumped head against head board last Tue. I had been finishing up some kind of flue forethought congestion. With pain around out edge of chest costocondroitus or something like that all undiagnosed. I had been going to sleep early and not leaving much digestion time eating raw onions. After bending over reading for the capo hose the top of head bonked the back board. I did not fall hard no impart mark no head ache. Normal pupils . The following night nausea all night. I used one deglisrided liqurish cap. Seemed to settle stomach down after hours on nausea barely sleeping and being suddenly awakened. Ok so I have been home taking it easy from work. Oh yes dry mouth started 2 day. I have been having some panic over this. I went to my nd examined did blood work EKG ok, eyes ok. I'm still fretfull started leaving more time after dinner but still nausea, but worse when pressed on goes away, same with dry mouth don't think about goes away. I don't seem as sharp as before this . My score on Memorex a on line testing service still high about where us was no fever but flushed. Blood pressure good. Should I get up and walk. I am fearful of subdutal hematoma. It does seem the more I concentrate the better I read today. But that was the case in November. So could the nausea be just areas as when I manipulate the stomachs to causes the nausea. Do I need an MRI or just chill in bed for another week. I have been in bed off and on for the better of a month , I did try to go back to work the day after of the last head bonk, stressed out terribly during my speech. Then stressed on phone with con tractor,or on hail damages. Instead of saying drone pilot as he had just talked about flying out of town. I said airline pilot. This sent me into a panic. Went home ate lunch went to bed

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No headaches at all. Some slight feeling on top of skull. But my capo binds there. Some neck pain bit a lot of bed time. Nausea yes but seems to be intermittent but more on than off. I have never been a nauseous type never at all nervous yes oh yes dry mouth but per

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

On capo been taking transrrserveratrol 200 mg. Omega 3 and grape seed extract I

I am still waiting
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? bad anxiety symptoms can explain many of your symptoms of nausea, dry mouth, panic

your symptoms don't point to subdural hematoma.

how did you bump your head? side of car confusion?

Hi
Well bac
My original head bump was back in move yes side of car
Had difficulty speakin simple lesson plans, troubl reading, writing with effort. Even mow not easy
Photo sensitivity after that for a couple weeks
Fell in parkingit Dec 31 no apparent damage fell face hit chest
Now most recent reaching back between foam mattress hit top of head on bed head board
No mark no pain not full body force partial bonk. No head ache, but more mental concussion. Seems like a step back
nausea bit that looks like it comes and goes. Same with dry mouth. Bit of soreness o. Top of head. Eyes good track fine pupils good. Anxiety over this and my mispeaking.
Maybe a homeopathic remedy. There is one for concussion. Oh yes ear infection
you do not think it sounds like it is a subdutal hematoma? I have unfortunately had 3 other conclusions all when younger 20 years ago with fire department
I have been having some head ache but starting tester day from these pillow , trying to sit up in bed. When I was dealing with what I thought was the fue three weeks ago my blood pressure was fluctuating.

no, I don't think it sounds like a subdural hematoma.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms.

you shouldn't be stressed about these events.

Oh also it seem my scene of smell seem sharper odd
I think you are right

it sounds like you are jumping here from symptom to symptom.

you shouldn't be worried.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Ok if you do not think this is a subdutal confusion. That helps. Do you have a suggestion on a rd for anxiety. Perhaps homeopathic

medical marijuana is good to help decrease anxiety symptoms

regular exercise, yoga, deep breathing exercises can help

hydroxyzine, buspirone can help decrease anxiety symptoms.

CBD oils can help decrease anxiety symptoms.

sertraline, fluoxetine can help

Ok I will not worry if you do not think this was subdutal hematoma just a minor bump I will relax

no, I don't think you have a subdural hematoma.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified MD