Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had an on-again off-again headache... I have had an…

Customer Question
I have had an on-again...
I have had an on-again off-again headache...
I have had an on-again off-again headache for 3 weeks honestly it's more on and off it only stopped for about 2 days and not completely. It's all in the right side for my eye to the top of my forehead to my right Temple again only on the right side, when I look up and side to side my eye does nothurt when I look down without tilting my head strictly just moving the eyeball itself my right eye feels strained, however Excedrin Tension Headache is the only thing that has helped the pain and on top of that my CBC came back normal. Went to the hospital did not get any test done except for the blood test unfortunately I am still concerned even though the doctor did not seem to be in the ER scared out of my mind and really just want this pain to go away have you heard of anything like this before? Can you please give me some kind of advice as to what I should do or try I'm 28 year old female overweight realize that's not good either I've had a history of a DVT blood clot in 2013 with my first pregnancy nothing came back in my second pregnancy almost a year later. Other than that the only thing that I get reoccuring or tonsil stones I've had headaches throughout my life nothing ever like this nothing that was never cured by Tylenol and an hour or so but this this is something so different like I said almost 3 weeks hardly any relief headache will not respond to Tylenol Tylenol Sinus severe ibuprofen 800 ibuprofen 600 regular aspirin baby aspirin the only thing that it worked for was the Excedrin Tension Headache that made the pain stop in the head but didn't do much for the strain feeling in the eye again 99.9% of the pain in the eye only happens when I move my eye down what I mean by that is looking down without moving my head the best way I can describe that without showing is if you're looking at a wall with her head straight and you don't move your head at all just look down with your eyes only my right eye hurts it's like a straight line that goes for my eye through the top of my right forehead and then my skull into the back of my neck again literally only the right side
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Neurologist: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello...I understand your concern.

I have gone through the medical history you have provided in detail. From the history I surmise that you previously had a long standing Migraine without aura and off late the frequency increased and now probably because of some stress and added factor of tension headache, the Migraine has turned from recurrent to chronic.

Excedrin cannot be used on daily basis for long term usage and the best and safe drug for prevention would be - Propranolol started initially at 10mg per day and gradually increased up to 40mg per day.

This medication is also used for hypertension and hence you need to be evaluated before starting this and this is a prescription medicine please. But overall it is a very safe medication and I have got a quite good number of similar patients like this who have responded very well to this safe and effective medication please.

Over usage of NSAID drugs like Ibuprofen or Asoirin may cause gastritis and better be avoided please.

But nevertheless I would prefer to get an MRI done for you if I were your treating physician.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800