Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having a headache off and on for a few days and…

Customer Question
I have been having a...
I have been having a headache off and on for a few days and I feel chemically off in my head almost lightheaded at times. I also feel nauseous at times. Could this be caused by something serious?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Neurology
3/8/2018
Neurologist: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please could you indicate the following information?

How old are you?

Do you suffer from any illness?

Have you taken any medication?

How long do you have with this symptoms?

Have you had recent stress?
Has your feeding changed?
How are your mentrual cycles?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 32 years old. I am on a small dose of anxiety medicine. I have not been sleeping well. I have had these symptoms for the last week. I don’t have menstrual cycles. My feedings have not changed. I have had some stress

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear *****ient, the headaches associated with weakness can have several causes.
The first cause is due to anxiety and stress, which release hormones that generate increased tension producing frequent headaches associated with weakness.
Lack of sleep generates brain overactivity during rest, which depletes the metabolic activity when it should be resting, generating greater exhaustion and making those susceptible to having a headache.
These conditions are what impress in your case are affecting what generates physical wear.
So I suggest a hematological control, lower the level of anxiety, and can not fall asleep I suggest going to a consultation to indicate medicamentto to domir.
I recommend doing outdoor physical activity these will lower the stress.

I think that in your case you should not be alarmed but I suggest you discard those conditions otherwise the hematological studies should be carried out.
For pain I suggest tylenol every 8 hours.
and you can take natural medication for sleep which will not affect you and relax like Valeriana,

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is a hematological study?

complete hematology, liver profile, lipid profile, thyroid profile

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did have those done and everything is normal

Then it confirms that it is due to stress and anxiety, I would suggest some medication to be able to sleep like clonazepam. but you must go to a consultation

f you have any query, please feel free to ask.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The stress and anxiety would also cause the chemically off feeling?

Yes, since stress and anxiety release stress hormones such as noradrenaline and cortisol which can generate those sensations.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK so you don’t think it would be anything like a brain tumor or leaking aneurysm

no, because there is a history of stress and anxiety, if this does not improve it may suggest a cranial CT

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is a cranial ct

cranial tomography

Do you have another question?

if you have any query, please feel free to ask.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. So beyond trying to manage the stress and anxiety there is no worries about anything more serious?

Exactly, if you do not have any other symptoms you should not be alarmed

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor