Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My cat scan says, No parenchymal hemorage or midline shift…

My cat scan says...

My cat scan says, No parenchymal hemorage or midline shift "cisterna magna versus arachnoid cyst along the posterior aspect of cerebellum" I just spoke to doctor and he didnt mention this, I assume its ok?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?

No

3/6/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you have questions related to your brain cat scan findings as you have described above. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & manage these types of conditions, and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

I am almost done with my typing; I will follow up with you at the earliest.

Yes, these are benign issues and this could be the reason your dr did not discuss with you about this finding

Whether it is a mega cisterna magna or an arachnoid cyst these are not considered as serious conditions

These conditions are also called as congenital or developmental conditions and these are conditions someone born with

These conditions are not expected to progress or worsen in the future too

Very rarely the arachnoid cyst may cause symptoms such as headache etc but it is rare and most often it causes no symptoms

Also these are not considered tumors, and these have no potential to become tumors in the future as well

While the cisterna magna will remain of the same size throughout life the arachnoid cyst may rarely grow in some individuals and in such circumstances treatments may be necessary but this is indeed rare and for most of the individuals who have arachnoid cyst it will never grow or cause any symptoms or issues

Once again I can reassure you, the above findings are not indicative of anything serious and these are considered as benign conditions and these are not expected to cause any current or future health issues, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, do you want to discuss further the health concerns you have expressed above (Re: brain CAT scan findings), or any other health concerns?

Please let me know

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

last question where I have fracture from Oct 5 2017, this last cat scan says " near complete healing of the previously seen fractures" from previous cat scan, what exactly does that mean in Dr. terms

I have received your question & concerns. I am typing now; I will follow up with you at the earliest.

This is great news, if the most recent cat scan says the fracture has healed or healed nearly completely then the previous bone fracture has already resolved or already almost resolved now. So the new cat scan is certainly showing improvement or progress compared to the previous cat scan.

Does this answer your question & address your concerns?

I figured that, but I guess what I am asking is would that mean a couple more weeks, I just never heard it put that way, I have college football spring practice April 2nd, we want another cat scan 3-28, would you thing a month from this last CT would do it (heal 100%)?

Yes I fully concur with you, they should have put it more clearly in their report, however based on the information you have received from your most recent cat scan report it clearly indicates there is near complete healing so the full fusion of the fracture site is expected to be complete very soon and in the coming few weeks itself, and by 3/28 it appears this fracture will heal completely (100% healing) and your next cat scan report is expected to show full 100% healing of the fracture and will clear you for the April 2nd college football spring practice.

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, once again I can very confidently reassure you, the fracture should heal completely in the coming couple of weeks and the next cat scan on 3/28 should show full healing of the fracture, so please not to be scared, or not to lose hopes.

I see you have not yet rated my answer, is it because you are not satisfied with the above answers, or is it due to some technical glitches? If you are not satisfied and if you are still looking for more information please let me know and I will be very glad to continue assisting you as long as you need my services, and until you are fully satisfied. On the otherhand if rating was not done due to any technical glitches preventing you from rating please let me know and I can bring this to the notice of the company and they can help in fixing this glitch.

Please let me know.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD