Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been told I I have 3 ruptured disc in my neck and…

Customer Question
I have been told...

I have been told I I have 3 ruptured disc in my neck and several bulging disc in my lower back and need surgery to correct. I then go to another doctor and he says i look like a normal 44 yr old female and mentions nothing about my ruptured disc in neck. Is there online doctors that will review my mri's ....i have them on a cd rather than me driving out of town to get a second opinion?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

This has been going on for well over 5 years. I have numbness and tingling that comes and goes sometimes last over 6 months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have fibromyalgia, neuropathy

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Neurology
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also have constant leg and feet pain....can't stand for a long periods and in severe pain and discomfort from just walking at the grocery store
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2018
Neurologist: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.

Do you think you can send me the report or the MRI images?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a cd of the images and then I guess all the reports r on therer...if you'll tell me what it is exactly that you're looking for I I can send it to you because I'm I'm sure you know when the whole CD because there's it's it's quite a few images on there but if you do just let me know. Also today I got a from a nap and my right arm has went numb again and it's not my hand has went numb....its not whole hand its more my thumb and my index finger and then I can't move my wrist up.... I can't really grasp things...i have limited movement and control....its just flops foward and can't go up with my wrist it wontallow me to raise my wrist. This has happened several times before and it's lasted anywhere from coupe of weeks to 6months at a time.
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

This is Dr. David

I can review your MRI scan

but you have to upload the MRI images into a large file sharing site like www.dropbox.com

so I can down the dicom images to look at your MRI images.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
download it to my dropbox?

www.dropbox.com is a website where you can share large files like the dicom images on an MRI scan disk.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
GIVE ME A MIN...TRYING TO DO IT NOW
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DO I SEND U INVITE OR WHAT
]

ok. once you are upload your disk

you can post the http link to download your information here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/24zop63v1c29mxn/AACGTTeRGrKoE4odpinHtY-Ka?dl=0
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DONT THINK THAT OTHER ONE WORKED

this is what I see

you didn't get the dicom images

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I DID....SORRY ONE HANDED AND HAVING SOME DIFFICULTIES...LOL WAITING FOR UPLOAD

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Were you able to viewthe images?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
omg i'm sorry I guess i never hit send for the message with the correct link....here it is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/24zop63v1c29mxn/AACGTTeRGrKoE4odpinHtY-Ka?dl=0

this is what I see

when I click on dicom directory, there are no dicom files to download.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there should be a data folder....then numbered folders that contain images. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ahhx97tj09irj8h/AAABKxhT-pY0e17TZ_izwY2Aa?dl=0

yes, I was able to download the data and look at your brain and neck and lumbar spine MRI scans.

you don't have bulging disks

back surgery is always the last resort.

I don't see any ruptured disks in your spine.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you found nothing I can't agree with that. i have had way too many issues with the pain being unbearable alot of the tmes for there not to be something. Several doctors have showed me issues with my cerviacal 4,5 and 6. My hand has gone numb again for about the 5th time and last for months which no one can tell me why. I was looking to get more answers but if you didnt even see what i already know then I guess I need to keep looking. This is not something new for me but have been dealing with it for about 20 years. Thx for your time but your findings do not coincide with my symptoms and what I deal with daily.

I don't see any ruptured disks

I would get copies of your prior MRI scan neck reports.

I would be happy to review them with you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have another disk with prior MRIs
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also have fibromyalgia and neuropathy in my legs.... I;m sure that also plays a role of some kind. I'm not real sure what neuropathy all entails as it hasnt been explained to me for some reason but take gabapentin for it.

fibromyalgia can cause pain in your neck.

neuropathy means damage to nerves

have you worked on improving your diet, cutting out gluten, sugar, white flour, bread to see if this helps decrease inflammation in your body?

Dr. David, Board Certified MD