Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a headache that has been coming and going for 4 days.

Customer Question
This morning I woke up...
I have a headache that has been coming and going for 4 days. This morning I woke up and was just not feeling right I stayed home from work and have slept pretty much all day I still don’t feel good and don’t know what to do
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Neurology
2/7/2018
Neurologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Age and gender?

Do you get headache, after waking up?

Do you have headache, in only one side of head?

Associated nausea?

Have you got checked blood pressure level?

Are you on any medications?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Thanks for staying Online.

I am posting my answer below-

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, such symptoms can occur due to few factors. These are-
-High blood pressure
-Sleep disturbances
-Also Anxiety, stress, depression, excess coffee, alcohol can cause morning headaches.
-Eye strain from excess usage of computer can cause morning headache.

If you have these symptoms for long time, then you need to get a consultation with doctor for examination, investigations to get the precise diagnosis.
You may be advised MRI to rule out neurological factors like growth. Also sleep study can be advised for diagnosis.

Tension headache is the most common type of headache.It can be caused by tightened muscles in the back of the neck and scalp or in most cases the cause is unknown.
If this is tension headache, then they often respond well to massage therapy and stress reduction techniques such as breathing exercises and meditation.

You can Try to rest in a dark, quiet room . You can place an ice pack wrapped in a cloth on the back of your neck and apply gentle pressure to painful areas on your scalp.

You should Get enough sleep.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh