Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Im a 89year old with type 2 diabetes i have been limited…

Customer Question
Im a 89year old...

Im a 89year old with type 2 diabetes i have been limited mobility for 5 month iwent for awalk and my toes started to tngle its a burning sensation if both feet what can i do for this ?? its the first time ive had this

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

For about 3 hrs my pulse is 81 my pacemaker is set at 80

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had triple by pass in 94 ifell about 5 months ago hit my head been in therpy for pain in head

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Neurologist: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Burning of toes is not a serious symptom. It just indicates compression or inflammation of the nerves. You should take over the counter available tablet Aleve twice daily for 2 days and any over the counter available multivitamin which contain vitamin B12 for one month and I am hopeful that you are going to be alright. As far as your pulse rate is concerned, even if your pacemaker is set at 80 and you have a pulse rate of 81, it's doesn't matter and is not indicative of anything serious, so just relax. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards