Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I have a indention in my forehead that just appeared this am…

Customer Question
I have a indention...

I have a indention in my forehead that just appeared this am just slightly to the left of my left eye.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

About a week ago 20/20 vision and pressure 19/20 in each eye

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Melanoma 1b last year. Removed by surgery see dermatologist every 3 months

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Neurology
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello
1/13/2018
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 1 month ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you have noticed new onset indention on the forehead just slightly left of your left eye. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

First I need to ask few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns, kindly answer to these below posted questions, it will help me in gathering additional information related to your health concerns;

1) How old are you?

2) Is this the first time such indention occurred or did this happen even in the past too?

3) Any pain, tenderness (pain on pressing or touching that region), swelling, discoloration etc in and around the indention area?

4) Any recent injuries or trauma etc in and around the area corresponding the the indention?

5) And are you worried about something in particular?

Kindly reply

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

And if possible you may please upload picture/pictures of this region too, and this will help me further in evaluating the possible causes for this type of new and somewhat sudden onset indention in the forehead region.

Kindly reply

Best Regards!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
52 yes first time. No pain or tenderness. No trauma! Not
Worried about anything in particular

Okay I see. I appreciate for all these additional information. I am preparing & typing my answer now, and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready. Typing may take few minutes and I will follow up with you and post my answer here the moment I finish with the typing.

Best Regards!

Okay I am ready; I am posting my answer here;

At the outset I want to inform you and also reassure you that this type of indention occurring on the forehead area is not suspicious for anything serious in nature

If there is any concern for serious conditions such as tumors etc then please see this is certainly not suspicious for any tumors or for that matter this is not suspicious for any serious illnesses

There are no other associated significant symptoms, and also this appeared somewhat suddenly and this rules out any possibility of serious issues such as tumors, infections, or any other bone or brain pathologies

This type of sudden onset finding generally resolves rapidly too, so this is most likely going to resolve in the very near future.

If this persists then please try to get this examined by your dr in the clinic and then your dr can decide whether any investigations etc will be required for the further evaluation of this indention

But it certainly appears something benign, and not indicative of any types of disease processes, and also expected to resolve very soon, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

And I will appreciate if you could kindly upload pictures of this indention, although based on the history & additional info you have provided this appears benign, but I will appreciate if I could see some pictures of this indention too.

Kindly reply

Best Regards!

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)