Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have neurological symptoms and have seen 4 neurologists in…

Customer Question
I have neurological symptoms...

I have neurological symptoms and have seen 4 neurologists in the past year with wrong diagnosis and no answers. Have drop foot in left foot, a pinched nerve in my neck as verified by an MRI, a bulging disc in my lower back as verified by MRI, had 2 nerve conduction tests because of weakness and numbness in my left hand and arm. Only a little arthritis and some fluid in my elbow according to an MRI of my left arm, even though the results showed moderate to severe nerve damage in my arm and some damage in my right arm and carpel tunnel in both wrists. See another neurologist in two weeks for the second time and since she has all my test results she will make a diagnosis, but just anxious to know what it might be. Also suffered from uncoordination and had an MRI of my brain. Not MS

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I took Alleve and could hold the soap in my left hand for the first time in months. About 8 months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Anxiety, severe. Bipolar.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
1/11/2018
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your health in the form of the various neurological manifestations you have been having and I can fully understand your concerns that you have received wrong diagnoses, and you are still not having a firm diagnosis. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

First I need to ask few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns, kindly answer to these below posted questions, it will help me in gathering additional information related to your health concerns;

1) How old are you?

2) Are there any additional symptoms such as - headaches, neck stiffness, fever, speech or swallowing difficulties, double vision, blurring of vision, loss of vision in one eye, vertigo (spinning sensation), sensitivity to light or sound, joint pain, joint swelling, loss of appetite, loss of weight, progressive weakness of the muscles, or progressive atrophy of the muscles (loss of muscle bulk), urinary bladder, or bowel issues etc?

3) I see you have seen 4 neurologist so far and I guess lots of neurological/medical investigations must have been done, what other tests were done other than the mri scans, and the nerve conduction tests? Please tell me the names of all the investigations or tests that have been done so far (other than the ones you have mentioned here) and also if you have with you kindly provide me with the report of these medical/neurological investigations (such as blood tests, or any other medical or neurological investigations)

4) What are your current treatments (including prescription medications or non-prescription/over the counter medications or herbal/supplements, or non-medication treatments etc)?

5) Is there any family history of any neurological illnesses?

6) Are there any already diagnosed medical health conditions in you such as high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, or any other?

Kindly reply,

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)