Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

After a fall from a ladder last Christmas, I noticed I’m…

Customer Question
After a fall from...

After a fall from a ladder last Christmas, I noticed I’m having trouble making certain letters and sometimes forget md-sentence what I am saying.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have not seen a doctor. I take blood pressure, cholesterol, and an anti depressant.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Neurology
1/7/2018
Neurologist: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 6 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Can you tell me more about what happened with the fall?

I was on a ladder outside (6 ft. Step) and it slipped causing me to fall with the ladder. I may have been knocked out briefly and hit the left side of my head. Had a huge black eye for about two weeks.

And--just to check here--you haven't been evaluated for this by your doctor?

I did see my eye doctor, and he said there was a name for it, chichI forgot
Sorry, I forgot.

Ecchymosis, probably

How long after the fall did your problems begin?