Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I fell stepping onto a curbing ,a year ago Jan 27th.I hit my…

Customer Question
I fell stepping onto a...
I fell stepping onto a curbing ,a year ago Jan 27th.I hit my head on a wheel spokeso hard i was knocked out,I was bleeding profusely, The hospital sid i had a severe ppsterior cervical sprain,,.and fixed my head!! I lost my sence of smell and i would like to know if it will ever return.,I slso broke my big toe ,the plate just behind my toe was held on by 2 tendons,my pelvis broke onthe left side upper and lower bone...I had no numbness beforr the fall but i have ben severely numb in both legs since a Dr.gave me a shot in my tailbone.Could this shot have caused this numbness?I I have a neuroma in left foot,,and tendonitis. I am attending therapy 2 times a week exercising, needled with electric stimulation and putting my feet on an ice machine,I amon a walker still and I am wondering if amitriptyline could help with my severe nerve painor should i see a nuerologist? I am at my wits end and I have not had a proper answer from anyone why my bone broke by stepping onto a. Curb,and i am still on a walker with severe numbnessand severe stabbing pains. in my left shins and foot. If I walk or stand onthe walker to long my ankel swells and hurts severely.I cant seem to get any proper answers about any of this?????.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Neurology
1/7/2018
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oteoarthritis,,inflamation in foot,very depressed.

could the depression be causing this

depression after head injury is very common

have you been treated for depression?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need help with ORIGINAL questions,Certainly after a uear of total paiin and misery, anyone would be depressed.

right but the depression could be now causing the pain

just click send to reply

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)