Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My left arm feels limp. I was researching to see what could…

Customer Question
My left arm feels...

My left arm feels limp. I was researching to see what could cause that. Otherwise good health.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Good just home from my son's in Phoenix. enjoyed the sum

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My parents both had heart issues so I am always on guard.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you feel your left arm is limp. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

First I need to ask few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns and I will follow up with you and post my questions here ASAP. I am preparing & typing the questions now and I will follow up with you as soon as I am ready with my questions.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Kindly answer to these questions, it will help me in gathering additional information related to your health concerns;

1) How old are you?

2) Approximately for how long this has been going on?

3) Overall how are you feeling now? Any better now?

4) Is there any neck pain?

5) Is the left leg or left face too having any new symptoms?

6) Is there any speech or swallowing difficulties?

7) Is there any numbness or loss of sensation over the left side?

8) What are your current treatments (including prescription medications or non-prescription/over the counter medications or herbal/supplements, or non-medication treatments etc)? A

9) Is there any excessive stress recently, or any issues with anxiety disorder?

10) Are there any issues such as lack of sufficient sleep, dehydration, work overload, missing food etc?

11) Are there any already diagnosed medical health conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, or any other?

Kindly reply

Best Regards!

Hi, have you received the questions I have posted above? I hope you are not encountering any technical glitches to reply to me. If you require more time it is perfectly fine and I will wait here. Kindly try to reply to the above questions when you can, and I can certainly help you with your health concerns you have mentioned above - in the form of limp feeling of the left arm.

Best Regards!

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)