Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

MY ELBOW STARTING GIVING ME SEVERE PAIN ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO.

Customer Question
MY ELBOW STARTING GIVING...

MY ELBOW STARTING GIVING ME SEVERE PAIN ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO. IT FIRST STARTED AS PUT ON MY JACKET, RIGHT ARE FIRST, THEN YOU HAVE TO LIFT THE LEFT ARM BACK AND BEND IT TOWARDS YOUR HEAD TO GET YOUR ARM IN THE LAFT SLEEVE. IT JUST LOCKED DOWN AND I HAD TO GRAB IT WITH MY RIGHT HAND AND PULL DOWN TO UNLOCK IT. PAIN WAS AWFUL. DID IT AGAIN THAT DAY. SINCE THEN DIFFERENT MOVEMENTS HAVE CAUSED THE SAME RESULTS. PAIN UP THE BACK OF MY ARM ALSO WHEN THIS HAPPENS. I AM A MALE 77 YEARS OLD, VERY ACTIVE. SHOT MY AGE LAST YEAR IN GOLF. HAVE NEVER TO MY KNOWLEDGE HURT THIS ELBOW.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

NO INJURIES, JUST A WRONG MOVEMENT MOVEMENT CAUSES SEVERE PAIN. JUST DON'T MOVE THE ARM AND MOST OF THE PAIN GOES AWAY.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
1/4/2018
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 7 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This looks like tendinitis of elbow (Golfer's or Tennis' elbow).

The Golfer's elbow has the pain on the inner side of the bone on elbow (and its counterpart tennis elbow on the opposite end, both have same treatment) and has following advised for the treatment;

1) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Motrin / Advil for around 10-14 days.

2) Elbow brace

3) Physical therapy

4) Warm compresses

5) Local analgesic patch / ointment / spray

These are the initial modalities and if the pain does not respond than the further interventions would be required;

1) iontophoresis, phonophoresis

2) electrical stimulation

3) shock wave therapy

4) local steroid shots

Read the resources;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/golfers-elbow/DS00713

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tennis-elbow/DS00469

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Happy new year 2018.