Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I have an appointment with my neurologist tomorrow, and I…

Customer Question
Hi there! I have...

Hi there! I have an appointment with my neurologist tomorrow, and I just wanted to make sure I am asking the right questions

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?

So I've had non-specific symptoms over the last three years (nothing neurological), but in October I experienced extreme dizziness and loss of vision (blurry, unable to focus)

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My MRI indicated "Small right orbitofrontal develop mental venous anomaly.There are small nonspecific punctate areas of T2-weighted and T2 FLAIR weighted signal abnormality in the deep
frontoparietal white matter that most likely represent small vessel ischemic disease." I'm an otherwise health 31-year old male, so that seemed a bit odd The dizziness resulted in a fall down the stairs that put me in the hospital for five days The dizziness has subsided, but they still seem quite concerned with some abnormal reflex responses in my lower extremities

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Neurology
1/3/2018
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 1 month ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your health and I also see your recent brain mri has showed certain findings as you have described above. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

You brain mri scan has showed two findings;

1) Small right orbitofrontal developmental venous anomaly

2) Small punctate non-specific spots in the T2 & FLAIR sequences of the brain mri scan in the fronto-parietal white matter

To discuss more about these findings;

1) The venous anomaly is a developmental or congenital and it is something you were born with, and this type of vascular anomaly remains benign and will almost never give rise to bleeding or any other complications.

2) Now coming to the spots in the brain;

The spots seen in your brain mri are not considered pathological or due to anything serious in nature, rather these spots are benign in nature

These are very tiny spots and that is the reason in the report they have mentioned “punctate” spots, such tiny spots are not representative of any diseases affecting the brain

This is a benign finding and many normal people or people without any brain diseases have these kind of spots in their brain mri

These spots are not going to cause you any problems now or in the future

Also these spots are not going to increase in their numbers the brain in the future, these spots may remain the same or even may resolve eventually

Also these tiny spots are not going to cause any complications including any dementias, strokes, seizures, fainting etc currently, or in the future too

Also these spots are not due to conditions such as MS (Multiple Sclerosis) or Stroke etc. These conditions will present with certain distinct and typical findings but there is no mentioning of any such specific findings that are suspicious for conditions such as MS, stroke etc, so these spots are not due to MS, or Stroke etc

Also there is no evidence for any brain tumor etc based on this mri scan of the brain.

While your brain mri has showed couple of findings as discussed above but it does not appear these findings can explain for your symptoms including the recent extreme dizziness, fall etc, so you will require further evaluation and investigations to ascertain the precise cause for your symptoms and then treated appropriately.

Once again I reassure you, the types of findings seen in your mri scan of the brain are not pointing towards anything serious in nature, you will require further evaluation & investigations by your neurologist to ascertain the precise cause for your symptoms & examination findings (abnormal reflex in the lower extremities etc) and then treated appropriately depending upon the final precise diagnosis, but as far as these brain scan findings are concerned these are not suspicious for any serious or progressive issues etc, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, have you received the answer I have posted above? Also have you had a chance to go through the above answer?

Do you have any additional health questions? Do you want to discuss further the health concerns you have mentioned above including the brain MRI scan findings, or any other health related concerns?

Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)