Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Layman's terms for plz. TECHNIQUE: Precontrast T1 weighted…

Customer Question
Layman's terms for plz...

Layman's terms for plz. TECHNIQUE:
Precontrast T1 weighted sequences were performed using a 3D technique,
and reconstructed in the axial, coronal and sagittal planes; T2, FLAIR,
gradient and diffusion weighted sequences in the axial plane were
performed. Limited T1 inversion recovery sequences in the coronal
plane were performed.FINDINGS:
No areas of restricted diffusion are seen to suggest an acute major
territorial infarct. No altered gradient susceptibility seen to
suggest hemorrhage. Minimal periventricular and subcortical small
vessel ischemic changes are seen. Mild prominence of the sulcal and
cisternal spaces is seen suggestive of minimal to mild volume loss.
The gray-white matter differentiation is well preserved. The midline
structures show no significant acute abnormalities.No acute sinus or mastoid disease is seen. Bilateral orbits show no
acute abnormalities.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

Yes they say copd but not sure. have hep c and cirrhosis as well.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not sure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Neurologist: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

This report suggests that there is no bleeding nor there is an evidence of infarction (absent blood flow leading to stroke) in any area of brain.

But there is some reduction in volume of brain which has happened due to mild reduction in blood flow to this area of brain over a long period of time due to narrowing (secondary to cholesterol usually) of small blood vessels in the brain.

Was it helpful?