Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

Five years ago i operated in my head for water. Five years…

Customer Question
Five years ago i...

Five years ago i operated in my head for water. Five years later ifeel i have water in my brain again.I will if I can install a shunt is it this shunt placed in my body or they must brake up my head again

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

Sometimes I feel like a drunken person and a little pain in my head

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No.thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it sounds like you are battling hydrocephalus excessive fluid in your brain

you should get a VP shunt in your brain, a ventricular peritoneal shunt to shunt out excessive fluid out of your brain into your peritoneal cavity.

then they don't have to keep doing brain surgery for you.

let me know if you have questions.

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)