Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I seem to be tripping more and have fallen. I am 75 and now…

Customer Question
I seem to be...

I seem to be tripping more and have fallen. I am 75 and now walking slower and trying to remember to pick up feet.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?

No headaches. never have them no issue with balance although harder to step into clothes without holding on. I am pretty athletic yet, play golf snorkeling etc

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

I said no headaches never

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

There is a lot of Alztheimers that run in family and my memory to bring up certain worse

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/28/2017
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are tripping more often.

this could be nothing or it could be more serious

you should see a doctor for a neurological examination to see why you are tripping more and falling more

you could have damage to your nerves going to your legs, causing you more difficulty controlling your feet.