Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have severe inner thigh pain making it difficult to walk…

Customer Question
I have severe inner...

I have severe inner thigh pain making it difficult to walk or sit or bend. I have tried about inflammatories heat and it is worse. When I use my leg muscles to turn in bed it spasms in my inner thighs .this is 2 weeks now.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Sitting makes it worse to stand up and walk and no swelling

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/27/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 7 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Is there swelling, tenderness, warmth in inner side of thighs?

Do you have back pain?

Are you hip movements painful?

59 female. Not my back just my inner thighs nd groin area. No swelling or redness.
My hips are not painful
If I sit and try to stand it is severe in inner thighs and difficulty walking

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

It is a shooting pain
lifting my legs in a sitting position is very painful.

Your symptoms can be due to:

1) Iliopsoas tendinitis

2) Groin injury

3) Pinched nerves in back

4) Hip tendonitis and bursitis

5) Osteitis pubis

6) Hip osteoarthritis.

The other possibility for your symptoms can be psoas syndrome.

Your need x-rays and MRI of the back, hip and pelvis for the initial evaluation.

The mainstay of the treatment are;

a) Physical therapy

b) Deep electrotherapy

c) Acupuncture

d) Warm compresses or ice compresses whatever suits you.

e) Local analgesic cream or spray

f) Motrin / Advil / Aleve.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

What would cause the sudden onset. And it has decreased in intensity one day and worse the next. I have tried ibuprofen without success and heat. As long as I am not mobile it doesn't hurt just ache. But very difficult to ambulate with the weakness and shooting pain.
Sitting to standing is the most painful
Should I just refer directly to a neurologist

You may consult an orthopedic specialist and a neurologist.

A sudden onset pain need an MRI of the spine with investigations like nerve conduction velocity study and electromyography.

All these causes we had discussed above can have acute onset.

It is privilege assisting you.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl