Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I got kneed in the head play basketball I’m 19 and was

Customer Question
Hey so I got kneed...
Hey so I got kneed in the head play basketball I’m 19 and was wondering how long this is going to last and what I need to do to get rid of it
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/26/2017
Neurologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

When did this happen?

What are your symptoms currently? Let me know.

This happened on Wednesday of last week and I’ve been feeling foggy and out of it my head is pounding and I’m sensitive to tv and my phone
I was wondering if I was correct to think I have a concusion

Alright, this is due to a concussion.

It can take at least 3 to 4 weeks for a concussion to subside.

A concussion means that the brain was significantly shaken during the impact but you did not suffer any parenchymal injury or injury to the substance. The treatment of a concussion is to rest and keep yourself hydrated.

Symptomatic treatment is also warranted for example, if you have a headache, take tylenol.

This will last its course unfortunately. But the key is to not over exert yourself during this time period as that might make it last longer.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!