Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I go a question i have mental blockage on the right side of…

Customer Question
hi i go a question...
hi i go a question i have mental blockage on the right side of my brain, i take rispiridone, lexapro, and none of them help
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 2 days by:
12/27/2017
Neurologist: Dr. Kaushik, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
What is the diagnosis for which you have been taking risperidone and lexapro and also mention their doses and duration of intake of either of these medications ?
Since when have you been facing this mental blockage ?
I shall get back to you once you reply to my queries.
Regards
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
iv been taking lexopro and rispiridone for 2 years, ris5mg lex10mg it is blocked on the top right corner of my head lexopro works to the point where it is just clear from the center of my head to my eyes but then the top right is still blocked.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
top of my head to my ears not eyes sorry.

Why did your doctor start you on risperidone ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Skitzophrea
Thanks for the inputs.
Well,you see risperidone that you have been using for underlying Schizophrenia can lead to be brain fog or mental dullness or in other mental blockage in either one / more than one part or whole of brain. So since risperidone is essential to keep your schizophrenic sympotms under control so it cannot be discarded or stopped but in order to help you to overcome your mental blockage I will suggest that you discuss with your doctor to start you on stimulant medication albeit at lower dose such as modafinil (50-100 mg / day ) while still continuing on risperidone and lexapro combination. As an alternative to modafinil the doctor may also use citicoline 500 mg and piracetam 800 mg combination for relieving your brain fog aka mental blockage.
I hope this makes sense and provides you a workable solution to your problem.
Wish you all the best
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1 question do u have anything stronger

Please do not discount the fact that a much stronger CNS stimulant drug can lead to worsening of schizophrenic symptoms and may precipitate Acute psychotic episode which in turn will complicate your clinical picture.

So what you can do is that you shall start on either modafinil or piracetam + citicoline combination or both of these. And if these are tolerated well then you can ask doctor to raise the doses as per your requirement, but i feel that adding these medications will help to lift your brain fog or mental blockage.

I hope this helps.

May i please request you to kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor