Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had sever anxiety disorder for years, and currently…

Customer Question
I have had sever...

I have had sever anxiety disorder for years, and currently take ativan when needed. But it doesn't seem to be working as well. I have been feeling like my brain is foggy and i am out of it all of the time, depressed and down, low energy, and always hungry not sure what to do or what is the right meds for this, i have booked a apt with my dr. but the earliest i could get was 1/25. struggling a bit here and could use some guidance

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

A long time, but it is getting worse. Yes my dr but i can't get an apt until 1/25

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/22/2017
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate health situation as you have described above. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I can fully understand your unfortunate health situation, you are having severe anxiety disorder, and depressive illness too, and it must be extremely frustrating & difficult when symptoms are this severe as you are having, and the medication what you have been using is not at all helping you. And to cap it all they do not have an early appointment and you have to wait now until 1/25.

What I will do is post below here a list of varieties of treatments that are available for handling severe anxiety & depression, and all these can help in managing severe anxiety & depression, and the related symptoms you have been having, and most of these treatments are non-prescription so you can get them over the counter or through online ordering too.

The following is a list of various anxiety & depression treatments that are commonly used;

A) Non-prescription OTC (over the counter) herbal or natural supplement preparations such as;

One or more of the following – SAMe (S Adenosyl methionine), St Jones Wort, Tryptophan, 5 Hydroxy Tryptophan Theanine, Rhodiola rosea, GABA, Valerian root extract, Ashwagandha, Ginseng-preparation, Chamomile, Inositol, Kava, Skullcap, Magnesium preparation, Omega 3 Fatty acids etc

B) Non-prescription OTC (over the counter) Combination pills containing certain individual herbal or natural supplements that are mentioned just above + vitamins + minerals such as;

One of the following - HIMAZOL Anxiety Relief & Stress Support, Calming & Soothing, OR Stress Relief & Natural Anti-Anxiety supplement, OR CALM NOW Soothing Stress Support Supplement, Herbal Blend etc

C) Prescription medications (allopathic medications) such as the following;

One of the benzodiazepine agents such as Alprazolam or Diazepam, or Ativan (you are already on Ativan and unfortunately it is not helping you)

One of the GABA structural analogues such as Gabapentin or Pregabalin

One of the SSRI agents such as Fluoxetine or Sertraline, or Paroxetine

Azapirone agent Buspirone

Amitriptyline + Chlordiazepoxide – combination preparations

Trazodone

Doxepin etc

D) Using certain medical devices such as;

CES (Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation) etc

The above list contains names of prescription allopathic medications, non-prescription OTC herbal/natural medications, as well as certain non-medication treatment options too - so that the treatment plan can be chosen depending upon the individual preferences.

And I am not telling all these above treatments are required in your case, but providing you with a list of varieties of treatment options that are available for your condition - so that you are familiar with the various treatment options that are available to help with your severe health condition. If you see any of the above treatments you have already used please disregard them and try to explore the treatment options that you have not already tried, and as mentioned earlier too most of these agents are available as Over the counter or through online ordering.

In addition to trying some of the above mentioned specific treatments also trying certain general measures such as adequate daily exercises, especially aerobic exercises and eating healthy & balanced diet is recommended too - since they also contribute to the dilution of anxiety, stress & depression.

Wishing you a quick & complete recovery! And also Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, how are you feeling now? Have you been feeling better now?

I earnestly hope you will recover quickly & completely from the annoying, bothersome and frustrating health issues you have been tortured with, that you had mentioned during your previous visit here.

Do you have any additional health questions? Do you want to discuss further the health concerns you have mentioned above, or any other health related concerns?

Have you tried any of the treatment options that I had mentioned earlier? If you have already tried all of these treatment options please let me know, I can make some new recommendations.

Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD