Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a mini stroke couple of years ago and since then have…

Customer Question
I had a mini...

I had a mini stroke couple of years ago and since then have had balance problems that do not prevent me from d0ing things, but is restricting non the less

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I am an 82 year old Keiser member and saw my doctor at the time and their diagnosis was TIA, and they said there was nothing they could do

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had meniers 20 or so years ago and have limited hearing from this

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/22/2017
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 6 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your health as you have described above. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I see the tia (mini-stroke) you have had unfortunately left you with persisting & annoying balance issues. I can fully understand, it must be very frustrating to you, and I am sure whatever treatments tried so far have not helped in this regard. And I am sure you might have already tried enough physical therapy, balance therapy etc but all went in vain.

What I will do is provide you with a list of certain additional treatment options that also can help with recovering from the tia.

This is a list of such additional treatments that can be tried and these could help with recovery from the residual balance symptoms you have been having due to the tia;

1) NeuroAid preparation - this is a capsule preparation that contains a blend of 14 natural ingredients; it is a traditional medicine for stroke/tia

2) Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDS)

3) Scalp Electrical Acupuncture

4) TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical nerve Stimulation) etc

Hopefully the above will help you, if none of the above therapeutic measures help and the balance issue continues to persist then experimental treatments such as Stem-cell treatment etc may need to be considered.

There is already some evidence to show stem-cell treatments too can help in recovery from stroke or ministroke related residual symptoms and I will discuss about this mode of therapeutic intervention below here in more detail.

Stem-cell treatment appears a groundbreaking and revolutionary treatment and it has the potential to even cure many neurological conditions including stroke/mini stroke etc, but it is still undergoing clinical trials and is not made available for clinical practice yet (but it has reached later stages of clinical trials, so hopes are there it will be made available in the near future). There are some companies that have already been offering stem-cell treatments to patients unofficially, and they have been claiming they have found the stem-cell treatment can help with recovery from stroke/ministrokes. But please see stem-cell treatment is not yet approved by any official agencies such as FDA that clears new drugs or new treatments for using in the clinical practice - so we cannot officially recommend this treatment yet for our patients. But if all other therapeutic interventions fail to help then at that moment stem-cell treatment may need to be considered, which is considered as the most promising & most definitive treatment for helping with the health issues you are having, and there is a hope it will be made available in the near future once official agencies such as FDA clears it for routine use in clinical practice.

But before stem-cell treatment is officially made available, if you want to explore this mode of therapeutic intervention then you may please discuss this treatment option with your primary care dr, or Neurologist, or you may directly contact the companies that offer this treatment in and around your place.

Below I will post few links where you can get more information on this mode of treatment and also these centres can assist you with administering this treatment too (if you decide to undergo this treatment);

http://usstemcellclinic.com/neurological/

https://nsistemcell.com/stem-cell-therapy-neurological-conditions/

https://stemcellofamerica.com/

https://stemgenex.com/

Wishing you a quick & complete recovery! And also Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, have you received the answer I have posted above? And have you had a chance to go through the above answer?

Do you have any additional health questions? Do you want to discuss further the health concerns you have mentioned above, or any other health related concerns?

Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

I do not wish to continue any further.
You have provided many options all of which are options available on the internet
I submitted $5.00 to ask a question which I did. There was no commitment to pay a further amount without having the option to decide that I wanted to go any further.
I appreciate that you seem to be very capable, but If I feel a need to persue my options I will consult with a local doctor I do not wish to go any further so there should not be any additional charges

As you wish and we fully respect your wishes.

Regarding the payment related issues you have mentioned above, please see - we the health experts are involved only with helping the customers with their health questions, and all the administrative, technical, and payment/charging the card or bank account related matters etc are handled only by the company and for any questions or concerns related to the above matters please contact the company directly and they will help you.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help - this is their official “Contact Us” page where you will get information on how to contact the company through email, chat or phone options etc.

Wishing you all the very best!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD