Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I was recently hospitalized for a lingering headache (8

Customer Question
days) that I just dealt...
I was recently hospitalized for a lingering headache (8 days) that I just dealt with. .I only went to the ER after my speech became slurred, I was admitted for 3 days and had an MRI, Cat Scan as well as a spinal tap. . all came back good. They couldn’t pinpoint the problem and told me to follow up with my Doctor. I’m still scared. NOTE my tongue leans to one side and my speech is slightly off. Advice?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Hello Ena.

Do you have risk factors for stroke?

are you on any aspirin?

I am 55 years old, and as far as I know, no known risk factors . . . no, I am not on any type of aspirin . . i'm just worrried that they dont have an answer and this is a prequel to something bigger later down the line . . . they had me walk, touch my nose, do strength resistance tests, etc . but nothing. I am currently awaiting a referral for a follow-up with a Neurologist

was the MRI with contrast?

Sir . . . and they detected nothing . . . .all this is recently. Hospitilized Dec 11th to the 14th

That is great news.

It could be a form of migraine.

All of a sudden? Even though I have no history of migraines . Even so, the tongue thing and speech is a concern . ..

Yes migraines can come at any time

just click send to reply