Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Can someone tell me these results are Postive ??

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/19/2017
Neurologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you have any other blood tests for Borrelia besides what you submitted?

Have you been on any tetracycline antibiotics in the past 3 months before having these tests run?

No .. and still waiting on one blood test .. why ?

The results you have posted in these 3 documents would be correctly interpreted as negative. The band percentage is too low on the IgM's and completely negative on the IgG's. This could mean that you never got exposed to borrelia at all or that you got exposed and your body cleared it. However, it doesn't indicate an active infection.

I think the blood tests will give you some more information as well and that should piece the puzzle together for your clinician.

My doctor said this was Postive test for Lyme. Testing Postive for 3 bands. And 3 from IGg. How can my body have cleared it if the IMG is showing active infection

I don't see the IgM showing active infection and don't see how your doctor could have read that as positive when the bands are less than 50% in intensity.

The bands are over 50% you only need 2 out of 3 bands for the CDC who has strict guidelines. Also the Elisa test was Postive
The lap shows Postive for IgM for CDC and alt IGM .. why would they say it was Postive

I just double checked and you are right, only 1 was under 50% and the other 2 were over 60%, not sure why I read that wrong. So, with that, it would mean that you are faintly positive on the IgM but meet the criteria. With the IgG negative it could mean that you never converted or you are in the transition phase and will still convert in the future.

The 3rd one is almost 50% and the other 3 bands on the IGg are high intensity. .. I also tested Postive for the Elisa .. would else would make that Postive? Most test negative for the Elisa and western blot and have to do Igenex. I was actually surprised to get a Postive .. But this does show some active infection in my body ? I am still waiting on babsia which is taking a long time
With IgM being positive that usually is a sign of an active infection.