Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have HPV. I acquired this in 2010. The warts manifested in…

Customer Question
Hi. I have...

Hi. I have HPV. I acquired this in 2010. The warts manifested in the anal region. The warts were succesfully treated with Aldera in 2016. I am now having pain on the left side of my anus. I believe that my left rectal nerve is causing this pain. While the innervation of this nerve could be from potential damage to my Pudendal nerve from lifting heavy weights, I am wondering if HPV could cause peripheral nerve damage?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

Of course.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/16/2017
Neurologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

While some viruses like herpes cause nerve involvement, HPV is not known to effect peripheral nerves, specially in the absence of any cutaneous manifestation. Hope that answers your query.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.