Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I have Spinocerra Cerrato. I have had Spinocerrabella Ataxia…

Customer Question
Hi, I have Spinocerra...

Hi, I have Spinocerra Cerrato

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Hi, I have had Spinocerrabella Ataxia for 15 years and I need to find a specialist in Ballarat Victoria to get information on my changing moods.. Regards Dave

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No just this condition

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Neurology
Valdoxan 25 mg.. . SORRY
12/16/2017
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 2 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi Dave, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health related questions.

I see you are looking for a specialist to get information on your changing moods, and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I see you are also having spinocerebellar ataxia. I assume you have been already seeing a neurologist for this condition, if not please try to see a neurologist too in this regard

And regarding the mood issues you have mentioned, please see there are two types of specialists you may consult for the mood related issues, you may consult either a psychologist, or a psychiatrist

The psychologists are involved with the non-medication management aspects of the mood related issues, whereas the psychiatrists are mainly involved with the medication treatment aspects of the mood related issues.

So depending upon whether you are looking for non-medication related therapeutic interventions or medication related therapeutic interventions you may decide whether to see a psychologist or psychiatrist. Some patients may require to see both these specialists for the optimum management of their mood related issues.

Below I have provided the names and contact details of some of these specialists;

A) Psychologists;

1) Mind Life Clinic

Address:*****E, Ballarat Central VIC 3350, Australia

Phone: +61 3 5332 2266

https://www.mindlifeclinic.com.au

2) BodhiMind Psychology

Address:***** Ballarat Central VIC 3350, Australia

Phone: +61 412 189 913

http://www.bodhimindpsychology.com.au

B) Psychiatrists;

1) [email protected] Psychiatry

Phone: +61 3 5331 4188

http://mindathome.com.au/index.php/who-is-mind-home/our-team/31-dr-robert-proctor

2) Ballarat Psychiatry Group

Phone: +61 3 5338 8434

http://ballaratpsychiatry.com

The following are the web links if you are looking for more names of psychologists and/or psychiatrists;

For Psychologists;

https://www.healthkit.com/search/au/psychologist/ballarat-victoria-australia

For psychiatrists;

https://www.healthkit.com/search/au/psychiatrist/ballarat-central-victoria-australia

The above web links can be used to search for a neurologist too, if you are already not seeing any, and wish to see one.

I earnestly hope you will find the above list of specialists that are involved in the management of mood related issues helpful to you.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi Dave, have you received the answer I have posted above, and have you had a chance to go through the above answer?

Do you have any additional health questions? Do you want to discuss further the issue you have mentioned above, or any other health related concerns? Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)