Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My brother has Cavernous angiomies. He fell last Sunday and…

My brother has Cavernous angiomies...
My brother has Cavernous angiomies . He fell last Sunday and hit the back of his head. Putting a 3” cut in it needing 6 staples. He was sent home . Now he is fuzzy headed, headaches, sleeping anytime he sits Down. He also can’t make simple decisions or get the where- with- all to get together a small grocery list and go to store for it. Can any neurologist give me advice on this. He won’t call his dr. He has no Neurologist.
12/15/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

sorry I missed the response
The ct showed no internal bleeding
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD

I see you have requested another expert.

What is your exact question for us?

Please be specific, I understand the situation. Are you asking what do do?

An opinion of the condition he is In now .?

This was after a fall, has he had an exam or a brain scan since the fall?

His family dr saw him 3 days after the Er. No more brain scans . Can’t have mri due to pace maker. Yes it is after a fall.

Then I think this is abnormal.

He needs a CT scan to rule out a chronic bleed.

If this is not there, he needs to see a neurologist to rule out post concussion syndrome, which can have long term ill effects and can be treated successfully.

If a CT has already been done since the fall, then to a neurologist.

OK, let me know if you have more questions, I am here as needed.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, and this is most important for continued service, a 5 rating squares me with JustAnswer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Thank you very much! You have earned the 5star!

anytime

any questions

Your answer fit with my thoughts and experience in careing for him.

good luck