Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had pain in my left eyebrow for. I had it for about 3…

Customer Question
Hi. I...

Hi. I have had pain in my left eyebrow for

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I had it for about 3 weeks. When I raise my eyebrows it makes the top of my head tingle and it feels like something is pulling. It only hurts in the eyebrow area though.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have type II diabetes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/14/2017
Neurologist: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What is your age?

Do you suffer from a stuffy nose, cough?

Headache?

Blurred vision?

Dizziness?

Tenderness, swelling at the affected site?

Are you taking any medicines?

Stress and anxiety?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

I'm 57, I do have a stuffy nose, I think I only hurt on my left eyebrow when i raise my eyebrows or press on it. I haven't noticed Any swelling. I take metformin and lisinopril but I've been taking those for a good while. I did go through a divorce a while back so I have had some stress.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, possible differential diagnoses may include Frontal sinusitis, benign essential blepharospasms(involuntary tremors in the area of the eyebrows causes pain), fluctuating blood pressure, Tension and stress-related.

I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.
Do nasal saline drops and Otrivin nasal drops.
You should do menthol steam inhalation and saline gargles.
Use a warm mist humidifier in your room.
Take OTC Advil and Allegra.

A gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment and warm compresses on the affected site.

You should elevate your head with an extra pillow.

Monitor your blood pressure.

Do deep breathing to relax.

If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.
"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.