Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My legs have been aching for two months. From cramps to

Customer Question
Sharp stinging pains. Up and...
My legs have been aching for two months. From cramps to Sharp stinging pains. Up and down my legs. For about a month my entire body has aches and pains. Neck. Chest. Shoulders. Back. Legs. Head. Even my finger and palm hurts. It almost feels like my veins or muscles. I have told my primary physician, but I have no answers. Where do I go? What do I do?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/14/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 4 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Were you investigated for bodyaches?

I got an ultrasound on my right leg about 1.5 months ago for blood clots. It came back negative. I have gotten the basic lab tests from the ER when I discuss the pain. I was told possible acid reflux. I was also told to take ibuprofen.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms need to be investigated to rule out fibromyalgia. Following investigations, if not done should be ordered:

1) Thyroid-stimulating hormone

2) 25-Hydroxy vitamin D level: Low levels can cause muscle pain and tenderness

3) Vitamin B-12 level: Very low levels can cause pain.

4) Iron studies including iron, total iron binding capacity, percent saturation, and serum ferritin

5) Magnesium: Low levels can lead to muscle spasms, which are common in fibromyalgia; magnesium supplementation can also improve symptoms in some fibromyalgia.

6) The erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)

7) Antinuclear antibody (ANA)

8) Rheumatoid factor

9) Sleep studies

10) Antipolymer antibody assay; present in approximately 50% of patients with fibromyalgia. This biologic marker may provide conclusive evidence for a subgroup with fibromyalgia.

The treatment of fibromyalgia is comprehensive. The treatment has to be individually tailored;

1) Aerobic exercise; low-impact aerobics, walking, water aerobics, stationary bicycle.

2) Heat, massage, and other treatments like sauna, hot baths and showers, hot mud, and massage.

3) Trigger-point injections,

4) Acupuncture,

5) Chiropractic manipulation,

6) Myofascial release

7) Neural pulse stimulation (CNP) device

8) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT)

9) Relaxation training and biofeedback

10) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and acetaminophen

11) Opioid analgesics (hydrocodone, oxycodone, fentanyl, morphine),

12) Anxiolytics/hypnotics

13) Estrogen receptor modulator raloxifene

14) St. John's wort, ginseng, valerian, botanical oil, melatonin, magnesium, dehydroepiandrosterone

A combination of above is tried for an individual to relieve the symptoms.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Where do I go to get things investigated? Is there a certain doctor?

Your primary care physician or GP can do it.

The specialist for it is MD in physical medicine and rehabilitation or a rheumatologist.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Do you think high levels of ck (284) could cause these symptoms?

High level of CK point that muscles are being affected, so yes, your symptoms can be due to it.

A muscle biopsy is necessary to further substantiate it.

It is privilege assisting you.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.

Merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays.

drphophalia
drphophalia
drphophalia, Other