Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

In late 2015, I was rear ended on the freeway. The back of…

Customer Question
In late 2015, I was...
In late 2015, I was rear ended on the freeway. The back of my head heavily slammed on my car's firm headrest. Since then, I've been experiencing a tightness with my eyes - they are not as easy to move around, especially at night, when they are sitting still, they get very tight and I have to sorta move them around a bit before they become a lad more loose. I went to see a neurologist - who says I suffered a concussion, but didn't give much more info beyond that. My question is, anatomically speaking, what do you think is going on here? Is there damage to the nerves of my brain? What part? Why am I experiencing this tightiness I explain. Have you heard of this before? Is there a way to heal them? It's been 2 years and it hasn't gotten any better.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/13/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 7 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your symptoms are suggestive of post concussion syndrome.

Concussion may have only physiological injury to the brain so functional part is affected and there are no anatomical changes seen by the medical imaging of brain.

Please read the reference;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15276952

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

okay but can you please be a little bit more specific as to what parts of the brain are probably affected here? perhaps the oculomotor nerve? will it most likely go back to normal? why do i experience these tight eyes, especially more when they have not moved (during sleep)

The brain has nerves and processing structures. Till date unfortunately there is no clear cause found of post concussion syndrome. Nerves or anatomical structures usually are not affected in post concussion syndrome. It is procession of information which is affected or altered in post concussion.

can you please connect me with another neurologist. I'm not satisfied with the answer.