Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I am trying to gain weight I am at 130 and a doctor told me…

Customer Question
Hello my name is***** am...
Hello my name is***** am trying to gain weight I am at 130 and a doctor told me I have a fast metabolism my sister had the same thing and her doctor prescribed her sme drink that they give patients with aids and she had to use it for 6 months and she gained weight so any help would be great full
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/13/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 2 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Following food can help you gain weight (these are high calorie but healthy food);

1) Dry fruits; a cup of mixed dried fruits totals up to around 335 calories, while one fourth cup of dried raisins is 108 calories.
2) Natural Yoghurt With Honey, Greek Style, one 150g pot has 243kcals.
3) Nuts and seeds; they are rich in calories and good fat. These also contain antioxidants. Half a cup of almonds contains about 400 calories, while the same amount of macadamia nuts is closer to 475 calories.
4) Bananas
5) Mangoes
6) Peanut butter: just one Teaspoon/10g carries 62 calories.
7) Avocados are high calorie with good fat,
8) Breakfast Cereal 50 gms can give your around 180 calories and is healthy.
9) Canned coconut milk.
10) High calories protein shakes.

Following also would be beneficial:

1) One may take dietary supplement, but one needs a balanced diet more. Help oneself to nuts and dairy products.

2) Add pistachios to the diet. Make them his evening munchies, as they help lower risk of heart disease. Other snack ideas include whole wheat or multi grain bread/ soy sticks with hummus or peanut butter. Opt for salsa dips as they are high on fibre and very healthy. Increase liquid intake

3) A small glass of wine before evening meal will help appreciate food a whole lot more. Also, avoid drinking water before meals and in between meals,

4) Choose food with nutritional calories and increase intake of starchy foods like potatoes. Avoid junk food.

Eat plenty of healthy fats. Eat egg yolks, chicken, fish, coconut oil, and other healthy fats. Increase caloric. So those bananas count well here.

Whole eggs: loaded with protein, vitamins A,D, E and good cholesterol.

The vital fatty acids in tuna contain a host of healthy fats, which not only aid in weight gain but also help in maintaining physical well-being.

Whole wheat bread: accounts for approximately 69 calories per slice.

Peanut butter It gives approximately 192 calories plus it is extra high in protein.

Energy bars - It is loaded with good-for-you nuts and oats. One bowl packs around 500 calories.

Cheese - One serving of cheddar cheese packs a good 69 calories. Cheese is concentrated milk, so it is high in protein and calcium, fat, cholesterol and cheese calories.

Oil - choose olive oil, canola oil, etc. which is good for health and will add those much needed calories too.

Banana - One banana contains approximately 100 calories. Bananas are rich in carbs and nutritious.

Oats: A bowl of oatmeal is the perfect nutritious breakfast. It is high in fiber, and it also provides the body with vital nutrients.

Yogurt: The healthy fruit-flavored, fatless yogurt can give you as much as 118 calories.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

drphophalia
drphophalia
drphophalia, Other