Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I got an intense headache with ear and neck pain on the

Customer Question
I got an intense...

I got an intense headache with ear and neck pain on the right side and the right side of my face is slightly swollen.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

I was painting my kitchen and the headache came a few hours after. I am not nausea.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I suffer with vertigo.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/12/2017
Neurologist: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How can I help you with this please?

What caused the headache?
I prefer online. I'm not calling

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

Have you ever had a headache like this before?

Are you still there?
Ok. This seems to be a hoax. Refund me my $5 or I will report this site.

Yes I'm here--I just asked you if you've ever had a headache like this before

No

OK

The reason I asked is because any severe headache unlike anything before needs to be evaluated

This sounds like a tension headache from spasm of your neck muscles and for that you can try over the counter topical capsaicin cream to your neck along with some oral ibuprofen

But since I can't examine you I'm obligated to tell you you should see your doctor right away since if I were he I'd get an MRI of your brain to make sure you aren't having a leaking aneurysm bleed

Please let me know if you need any more information

I suffer with vertigo, could the be the cause?

No, vertigo is usually from an inflammation of the inner ear but that alone wouldn't cause this