Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having this problem for years now i do not know…

Customer Question
hi i have been having...
hi i have been having this problem for years now i do not know if i have barotrauma or unbalanced air pressure in the eardrums the problem is when i open my mouth my ears pop very often. what can this mean?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/12/2017
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

when you open your mouth and open your throat up, it is very common for your eustachian tubes which drain fluid out from your inner ears to open up.

that is normal.

i should hear popping sounds all the time?

I hear popping sounds all the time when I open up my throat and mouth wide

this opens up your eustachian tube

which helps drain fluid out of your inner ear.

this is often normal

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

ok now on another level why do antibiotics cause severe diarrhea to the stomach and how can i stop this? would probiotics help me.

antibiotics kill the good bacteria in your bowels which can cause you to have diarrhea.

antibiotics often can upset your stomach so it is best to be taken with a full stomach

taking a probiotic pill and eating plenty of yogurt during your course of antibiotics can help add good bacteria into your bowels to help prevent diarrhea from antibitoics.

this has been studied.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC115209/

ok know can you tell me why my skin turn red and cracky in the hand area when its cold outside? I use derma lotions and all but is not helping me. this type of weird skin condition i have has been going on for years now. what can this be? by the way i wash my hands like surgeons do very often.

in the winter, the air is much more dry which can lead to dry and cracked skin

you could have bad skin eczema or psoriasis of your hands.

can you upload a photo of your hands?

you may need to see a dermatologist and skin testing and skin biopsy for a diagnosis for proper treatment.

Hi Doctor sorry for the late response i added a picture of my hand below.

the skin there on your hand doesn't look too bad.

it doesn't look red or cracked.

how can i treat that

you can use daily moisturizing creams and 1% hydrocortisone cream and see if that helps.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com