Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Severe headache came about 2 days ago, severe sinus

Customer Question
Severe headache came about...

Severe headache came about 2 days ago, severe sinus presessue with no mucus, light headed, visual sensitivity, and base of neck clicking, crunching,when turning side to side, shoulders very stiff. ..

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Daily

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Cervical degeneration disease, acdf c5, c6, allergic rhinitis

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/9/2017
Neurologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Where is the headache located? Is it on the scalp or the forehead or behind the eye?

Spasms in shoulder and stiff and can't move easily. Headache peralsists.

It sounds as though you might have a tension headache or a pinched nerve in the cervical spine somewhere. Possibly in the C5 nerve root. Since the headache is generalized it's likely originating from the sinuses and the tension is probably both in the muscles on the surface as well as the nerve.

Since you're not having any weakness of the muscles and no problems with speaking or vision, I suspect that it is a pinched nerve and probably complicated by the sinus inflammation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Otherwise, please click the rating button when you get a chance.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

-Dr. Mo

Please click the rating button when you get a chance.

-Dr. Mo