Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My son just got a concussion - probably his fourth or fifth…

Customer Question
My son just got...

My son just got a concussion - probably his fourth or fifth one - basketball. He's 22 and a student at GCU. The docs on campus recommend a neurologist. We live in Colorado and can't get an appointment here so I need to set him up with someone in Phoenix when he comes back to school in January.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

He's been given two shots of Toridol? I think that's what it is and he's only been to the doc on campus.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is a healthy kid - other than the usual cold/flu. His first concussion was in 2011 - football - and then his most recent was last week while playing basketball.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

No fever. Headache and noise sensitive and hard to concentrate but he thinks part of it could be stress-related because of finals.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/8/2017
Neurologist: Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)

Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale. They have the #1 hospital in AZ according to USNWR.

See if you can have him evaluated by one of their neurologists. Here is a link to some contact information:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/appointments

Dr Dodick is a specialist in diagnosing and treating concussions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnLQg5O0NZY