Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 47 year old female who has had degenerative disc

Customer Question
I am a 47...

I am a 47 year old female who has had degenerative disc disease since 2008 I was diagnosed been in pain ever since it progressed to the point that this past summer out of nowhere I have developed scoliosis. I've had an MRI a new one showing not only my DDD but now 5 disc or bulging and I have one disc resting on the nerve. According to MRI starts at t11 and goes to L5 every one of those disc is bulging and compression of L3 nerve root. Actually it goes to S1 I'm in pain constantly since the scoliosis I can not get up and move around without pain medication and I need to get into pain management. I have never been before and I am having trouble finding someone in Memphis who will take me as my insurance does not start until January 1st any recommendations would be greatly appreciated with the holidays coming up I have got to see somebody who can give me some prescriptions until then and I have no family care doctor or anything anymore. How do I get into a pain management program quickly

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I am not allergic to anything currently I am taking Flexeril as a muscle relaxer and I was prescribed Hydrocodone 10 mg / 325 for breakthrough pain and oxy 30 mg 2 times a day. And flexeril 10 mg 3 times a day I was on 10mg Valium 3 times a day for muscle relaxer which worked much much better because I also suffer from anxiety disorder. But they changed me saying I would have to see a psychiatrist for that after I've been on it for 10 years. I am not allergic to anything

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have high blood pressure but it is mostly anxiety-related another words it rises when I am in a situation that makes me nervous. Which is one of the vallium was so helpful for me

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/9/2017
Neurologist: Dr. K., MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. The medications you need are controlled substances. They cannot be obtained without seeing a dr in person. You will need to pay for a medical visit. I would recommend an urgent care.
https://www.afcurgentcarememphistn.com